I’m relatively new to the whole SOTA hobby, so I am still learning as I go.
My main portable gear is based on the following;
- FT817 – A beautiful 5W radio for HF, 15, 144 and 430 Mhz bands.
- McHF – A fully featured SDR for the HF bands – about 10W output.
- A small Windom antenna – Neat, offset feed useful for HF.
- Buddipole, including a tripod mount and a 7m mast – It all packs up into very little space.
- A Homemade 12000mAh LiPo battery pack.
- Acer Aspire One notebook for Digital modes.
- Various Anderson connectors and cables for DC.
- RG58 for the antenna runs.
- 60 Watt Solar charger to keep the battery going.
All packaged into a comfortable backpack. including Lunch and water for my travels.